[CentOS] Centos 6 and VLAN-ID7 for vDSL (Telekom)

Tue Feb 12 12:38:11 UTC 2013
Todor Petkov <zakk at online.bg>

On 12/02/2013 12:51 AM, Michael Nausch wrote:
> AHOI!
>
> I've big trouble by setting up CentOS 6.3 for my new vDSL.
>
> As I've found out, the German Telekom is using VLAN7 for her
> internet-(data) connections. => http://workaround.org/blog/vdsl
>
> O.K. what I've done:
>
> The NIC where's my DSL-modem is connectet is eth0.
>
> cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
>
> # device for vDSL-modem
> DEVICE=eth0
> HWADDR=00:30:1B:14:08:67
> ONBOOT=yes
> HOTPLUG=no
> TYPE=Ethernet
> IPV6INIT=no
> IPV6-AUTOCONF=no
>
> cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

Are you sure it's ifcfg-eth0 and not ifcfg-eth0.7?

Also, there are no received packets from the network. Maybe the traffic
from the DSL modem is not with VLAN tag to the network. What do you seen
when you run tcpdump on either eth0 or eth0.7 interfaces?