[CentOS] A question

Thu Feb 14 16:27:53 UTC 2013
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:15 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

>>> But real books don't have that 'search' box up at the top...
>> <SNIP>
>> Agree with one of the other responders about that's what the index is for.
>>  One of my "tests" for a book on the subject is to go to the index and
>>  see how easy it is to find the answers to some of the questions I have
>> that have moved me to buy a book on the subject.

If you know the right question ahead of time you probably really don't
need the book.

> Reminds me of the *only* O'Reilly book I didn't like: I think it was
> Larry's original book on Perl - the index was *dreadful*, couldn't find
> anything.

On the other hand, if you wrote a perl program following those
examples, it would almost certainly still run today, with the only
change it might need being to escape @ symbols that you had in
double-quoted strings. That's pretty rare.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com