[CentOS] DNS search in anaconda

Fri Feb 15 17:16:01 UTC 2013
Ron Loftin <reloftin at twcny.rr.com>

On Fri, 2013-02-15 at 17:04 +0000, Tom Brown wrote:
> > Actually, my kickstarts run with the DNS info provided by my DNCP
> > server.  The only thing that I've had to do is copy the
> > created /etc/resolv.conf file into the newly-built tree so that it's
> > available to the system for running "post" scripts.
>
> thanks for the reply - these are statically assigned kickstarts and DHCP is not involved - you can pass a DNS server to use as dns=1.2.3.4 but there appears to be no search=foo.com etc
>
> AFAIK

The real question is how you identify the site-specific information in
kickstart.  Whatever key you use to do that should also be able to
select a domain name or whatever other particular info needed, and then
you can implement that in a "pre" script.  Maybe something like:

echo "search ${sitedomainname}.org" >> /etc/resolv.conf

where $sitedomainname is the specific domain name for each site.

Ron Loftin                      reloftin at twcny.rr.com

"God, root, what is difference ?"       Piter from UserFriendly