[CentOS] Setting up bind - location for includes

Fri Feb 15 19:27:23 UTC 2013
Louis Lagendijk <louis at fazant.net>

On Fri, 2013-02-15 at 11:44 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I am setting up bind this time around (just rebuilt my test machine via
> Kickstart) without chroot.
>
> I have a fair number of includes for named.conf; I have two views and
> other odds and ends.  My thoughts are to make a directory; /etc/named.d
> to put all these includes into instead of 'dirtying' up /etc.  This way
> the only files I replace/add to /etc are named.conf and rndc.key (I
> would like to work the latter around to also be in named.d, but this
> impacts rndc itself).

There is an /etc/named directory included in the bind package, I assume
that it is meant for this purpose...
I just changed my config to use that (with the chroot package) as it get
bind mount from the standard startup script
Louis