[CentOS] OT: LSI SAS1068e / Perc6/iR RAID Health

Fri Feb 15 19:43:01 UTC 2013

SilverTip257 wrote:
> Is anybody here monitoring Dell SAS6/iR RAID health?
> I have a mix of CentOS 5.9 and 6.3 installs on the PE1950s.
<snip>
Um, um, er, uh... how old are the PE1950's? Let me urge you in the
*strongest* terms to get your PO's out for replacements, yesterday if
possible.

We had a lot of them. Then, about two years ago, they started dying -
inside of a month, we had three? four? die, and it continued. What was
happening was the RAID controller - if you really want, I can go look up,
in old emails, the error number that showed on the LCD screen. When that
happened, it was gone, dead.

I will admit to being amazed at the quality control, that they *all*
started dying in such a short timespan.

      mark