[CentOS] updating a Centos 6 lamp stack

Fri Feb 15 23:53:27 UTC 2013
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM, David Mehler <dave.mehler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a new centos 6 system it's i386 and I'm wanting to update
> it's lamp stack, specifically httpd, php, and mysql. Also, if postfix
> as an MTA would be available that's a plus.

Postfix should be the default MTA.  Sendmail is also available.

> I've checked out the centos wiki and it looks like I have two choices
> for third party repos for this task. I have enabled rpmforge as of
> now. The two repos I'm seeing are Les RPM de Remi repository, and IUS
> Community Repo.
>
> I'm wanting from user's who have used either or both impressions, pro
> conn of both and which you'd prefer.

I've used remi (only, so I can't compare) for ocsinventory-ng, glpi,
and fusioninventory packages.  Seems well-maintained with internal
consistency but you may run into conflicts with EPEL(etc.)  packages
that expect older php versions.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com