[CentOS] Procmail/Formail problem on 6.3

Mon Feb 25 02:29:13 UTC 2013
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 08:54:41PM -0500, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 08:53:05PM -0500, Fred Smith wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > In the process of making mysystem work again, having just done a
> > reinstall of 6.3 x86_64.
> >
> > I have a considerable collection of procmail recipes for filtering
> > mail in various ways, and since the upgrade none of 'em is working.
> >
> > procmail passes every mail thru spambayes, which gives back a rating
> > on spamminess. this happens, so it's not as if procmail is simply
> > punting.
> >
> > that is followed by tests for which mailbox it should go into, depending
> > on the mailing list, or otherwise who it's from.
> >
> > these ARE NOT working.
> >
> > these recipes all use formail to append a header identifying the mail
> > folder Procmail decided to use, and then the mail is appended to
> > the mailbox.
> >
> > This has been working without problem for YEARS.
> >
> > but now, it all ends up in my main mailbox, where only those things
> > that fail all the filters are supposed to go. aparently all the filters
> > are failing.
> >
> > each filter is akin to this one:
> >
> > :0:
> > | $FORMAIL -A"X-procmail: Centos-users" >>$HOME/Mail/centos
>
> Replying to myself, I see I didn't show the fact that "$FORMAIL"
> is defined earlier on as FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail
>

> > which checks to see if it came from the centos mailing list, and if
> > so should append a X"-Procmail: Centos-users" header then append the
> > mail to $HOME/Mail/centos. Only it doesn't append the header, and it
> > doesn't drop the mail in the centos mailbox.
> >
> > anyone out there got a clue?
> >
> > thanks!

Looking in /var/log/messages, I see a whole bunch of these:

Feb 24 16:53:32 fcshome kernel: type=1400 audit(1361742812.414:9): avc:  denied  { search } for  pid=3381 comm="procmail" name="Mail" dev=dm-2 ino=6162243 scontext=unconfined_u:system_r:procmail_t:s0 tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:unlabeled_t:s0 tclass=dir

which I GUESS is telling me selinxu is whining about SOMETHING, but I
don't know enough about it to tell what.

Advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Fred