[CentOS] VNC server not reponding to external requests

Mon Feb 25 18:44:25 UTC 2013

On 02/25/2013 01:15 PM, Neil Aggarwal wrote:
>>> Is there some default setting in the vncserver that I need to change to
>>> allow outside
>>> connections?
>> And what about iptables?
> I have iptables and selinux turned off currently.
> It still will not connect.
>
> Any other ideas?

All I ever do is install vncserver, run vncpasswd on the account(s) I
will configure in it, add to /etc/sysconfig/vncserver

VNCSERVERS="1:user1 2:user2"

then enable 5901 and 5902 in iptables and it works.  I also tend to
replace twn with exec gnome-session in the ~/.vnc/xstart file.

Then all you have are network firewall and transport security issues.

Last I looked, vncpasswd only accepted the first 8 characters and
ignored the rest.