[CentOS] Newbie - yum update and repos problems

Thu Feb 28 01:30:19 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 2/27/2013 5:21 PM, Bruce Whealton wrote:
> file:///media/CentOS/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] Could not open/read
> file:///media/CentOS/repodata/repomd.xml
> Trying other mirror.
> file:///media/cdrecorder/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] Could not open/read
> file:///media/cdrecorder/repodata/repomd.xml
> Trying other mirror.
> file:///media/cdrom/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] Could not open/read
> file:///media/cdrom/repodata/repomd.xml
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> c6-media. Please verify its path and try again

did you specify to enable the c6-media repository on your yum command
line?    c6-media is a reference to the centos6 DVD, and its looking to
see if its mounted in /media/CentOS or /media/cdrom or /media/cdrecorder

I've /never/ messed with c6-media, as I don't use disks hardly ever, and
I'd rather get the latest rpms from the update respositories.