[CentOS] hp1213nf mfp printer driver in centos6.2

Thu Feb 28 08:11:08 UTC 2013
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

On 02/28/2013 08:37 PM, Asok Mallick wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>                  Please know me how to function hp 1213nf mfp printer (printer + scanner + fax + copy) in centOS 6.2. The computer shows the printer but cannot oprate. the message displayed "Missing printer driver"  etc.
You give very little information. Is this a desktop system, rather than
a headless server? Are you running gnome desktop or KDE?
Have you tried anything to get this going?
i.e. have you used >System>Administration>Printing to add the printer?
(assuming the CentOS default gnome is your desktop system).
Two minutes with google and it seems that this device is supported under
Linux with their HPLIP open source printer system for some 2000+ HP
printers.