[CentOS] suggestions for simple audio editor

Thu Feb 28 12:32:39 UTC 2013
Carl T. Miller <carl at carltm.com>

I want to grab some sound bites out of several mp4 files, so I
extracted the audio portion into wav files to make editing easier.

After trying several Google searches, it looks like audacity is
the audio editor of choice, but I'm finding it very difficult to
work with.  Notably I am not able to make a selection with finer
granularity than a full second.

Are there any simple audio file editors that you can recommend?
I'd like to find something more intuitive than audacity, but am
not having much luck with my searches using yum and google.