[CentOS] What can I do to UNDERSTAND why I can't reach centos.org (but everyone else can)?

Thu Feb 28 22:56:44 UTC 2013
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Kahlil Hodgson
<kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au> wrote:

> Do you always have the same number of hops?  Wondering if the WISPs you
> bounce through might change.  Perhaps one of those is problematic.
>
>> Someone suggested I might be on a blacklist, somehow, and that, at least,
>> would make technical sense.
>
> You could try checking something like
>
>         http://multirbl.valli.org/
>
> to rule out blacklisting as the issue.

The only blacklists I know about involve mail and require the
receiving machines to actively choose to do lookups and reject based
on the result.  Nothing should be dropping/blocking other types of
traffic.    There are an assortment of 'looking glass' sites on the
internet where you can originate traceroutes and check that BGP routes
for source and targets are being propagated.
This seems to be a directory of those sites: http://www.lookinglass.org/

--
  Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com