[CentOS] Sound config

Wed Jan 16 15:41:47 UTC 2013

Phil Savoie wrote:

> I have been wrestling with this problem for months now and at my wits
> end.  The sound is always very low and if I try to bring the sound
> louder by using the sound references icon on the top panel, the sound is
> choppy with lots of static.
<snip>
What are you using to listen?

At home, I've found that if, for example, I use realplayer, and set a
volume, and then try to use mplayer, or vice versa, I can't make the
volume go louder than had been set at max on the first-used player. Close
the second, make the first volume louder, and no problem.

Have you run the configuration as root, and run the test?

      mark