[CentOS] the at command

Mon Jan 21 21:06:22 UTC 2013
SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> [...]

@Jerry:
You might explain what it is you are attempting to do or why it is you need
to schedule a job down to the second.

>  >Thanks,
> >
> >Jerry
>
> I think you're limited to 1 minute granularity.  But if you want to run
> something

Yes, both cron and at can be scheduled down to the minute (but no further).
And for most jobs/situations, running every minute or every couple of
minutes is suitable.

> at a specific second (ie: 13 seconds after the minute), you could modify
> the script to sleep for 13 seconds before running and run it on the minute,
> or prepend a sleep in the cron entry itself:
>
> * * * * * sleep 13; touch /tmp/foo

@Joseph:
Nifty trick/hack! ;)

Mike