[CentOS] Wysiwyg html editor for note taking

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 23:26:19 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com>
> wrote:
> > I am looking for a wsyiwyg html editor for note taking as I build up a
> > system to note what I am doing.  I typically just use gedit, but this
> > system's notes are getting complex, and using code tabs, lists, and the
> > like would make it more enduring.

Gedit supports tabs.
I'm not sure what you mean by "code tabs"

Bluefish or Geany might be helpful, even if they aren't WYSIWYG editors.

Take a peek at Kompozer or Amaya.
But like Mark points out, WYSIWYG html editors aren't all that great (and
yes, Adobe Dreamweaver isn't perfect either).

> > I am looking at lonote on my F17 notebook, but I would like to do the
> > note taking directly on the Centos system.
> >
> > Just basic html.  Image inclusions if I do screen captures would be nice
> > too.
>

> 2nd recommendation is that if you want online html documentation, use
> a wiki with its own editor and simple markup instead of transferring
> files around.  I like twiki, but mediawiki is probably more popular
> and there are many other choices.   That way you only need a browser
> and it won't matter what OS you have locally.

+1 for using a wiki for your documentation

> Finally, if you do need to use an editor to save files as html,
> libreoffice writer should work, but be sure you work with the view in
> 'web layout' and do the formatting with styles from the F11 menu with
> 'html' selected at the bottom.
>
> --
>    Les Mikesell
>     lesmikesell at gmail.com