[CentOS] Wysiwyg html editor for note taking

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jan 3 00:39:24 UTC 2013

On 01/02/2013 07:15 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 03.01.2013 00:59, schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
>> Kompozer, I would have to build.  I have enough on my plate right now,
>> and HOPED to get something to 'just' install via yum.  Did not look at
>> Amaya.
>>
>> I am trying Seamonkey -edit per Harald, and it ALMOST looks ok.  But the
>> Wiki idea is something I have wanted to tackle anyway
> "seamonkey -edit" is the same as kompozer
>
> kompozer was the standalone app for "netscape composer"
> like sunbird for the calendar
>
> sunbird was absoluted by lightning addon for thunderbird
> kompozer was AFAIk retired
>
> but "seamonkey" as follower to the netscape suite does contain it still
>
> however, i did not touch any WYSIWG crap in the last 10 years except our
> own CMS using "XINHA" but even there i switch all times in the source-code
> mode since i look at HTML code and know more what it will look like in
> different browsers as any WYSIWYG crap ever did and my hand-formatted
> code is much cleaner as any WYSIWYG could ever do

I hear ya, Harald.  I edit Internet Draft XML in gedit, the run the
xml2rfc cruft to get my ID.  This is just an 'experiment' of sorts. Also
I am looking for what I will give my son to learn from; let the wysiwig
cut some html, now study it.  Though for various reasons, he may be
stuck on Win7 for a while, so Bluefish is of real interest (just not
wysiwig).

I am still undecided what I will do.  And in the end, I may drop it just
to get all my work done and at least have that text file that has all
that I really did.