[CentOS] gigantic memory leak in Clock Applet...

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jan 8 18:43:54 UTC 2013

Leon Fauster wrote:
> Am 08.01.2013 um 16:19 schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
>> John Doe wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe try valgrind...
>>> But after testing it on a few basic utilities like ls, find xclock, it
>>> seems that many of them do have leaks...
>>
>> More reason to dislike gnome....
>>
> confirmation bias - you only see what you want to see :-)

Along with bloat, and then there's things like trying to configure it
*bleah*. And I used to complain that to run kde, you needed a dozen things
running... at least kde acts the way I expect a GUI on a ->UNIX<--derived
o/s to work. Gnome, with its k3wl interface (don't start - I just
installed the latest fc17 on someone's workstation), and its menus that
wave, or the one on ubuntu that my stepson was using for a while, that
exploded when they went away....

If you really, really want an o/s with a GUI accepted, make it acceptable
by businesses, where non-computerphiles learn to use 'em.

        mark