[CentOS] E17 on CentOS6?

Simon Wesp cassmodiah at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 9 21:27:47 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-09 wwp wrote:

W> Hello there,
Heyho

W> does anyone have experience setting up Enlightenment E17 on a CentOS6
W> system?
Imho it doesn't make sense to include unstable software in a rock solid
stable Disribution like CentOS. Do you know what i mean? But,
definitly don't listen to me. It's your system. You can do with it
whatever you wan't to do.

W> I know that the RPM's are available from
You know the repo! You want to test it! Feel free to make your own
experience with E17. Imho it's always better that you make your own
experience, even if it turns out later, that this decision was wrong.
Maybe you will love it, maybe you will hate it. No one can tell you.
Do you know the slogan of Nike, the manufactor of sportswear and shoes?
Just do it :-)

W> but don't have a single clue about how to switch from my GNOME
W> desktop to it once installed.
Ibrahim already told you where to make the switch!

--
Simon Wesp