[CentOS] firefox 18

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 10 09:34:28 UTC 2013

> ./firefox: symbol lookup error: ./libstdc++.so.6: undefined symbol: _ZNSt7num_getIcSt19istreambuf_iteratorIcSt11char_traitsIcEEE2idE, version GLIBCXX_3.4
>
> and dunno either what I've done wrong, or what other things need to be
> brought over.
>
> Clues appreciated. :)

 Haven't quite figured it out yet. What has worked for me so far with the
 previous versions was a newer libstdc++ from, I think, Fedora 9
 (libstdc++-4.3.0-8.x86_64.rpm). The issue with ff18 is related to nss
 somehow. I found some posts in a mozdev forum that make it look like ff18
 is linked against nss 3.14.1 or .2 beta, but runnable against 3.14. Which
 is interesting because it appears to work on CentOS6, which has nss 3.13.5.

 The next thing I was going to try was building a shared lib from nss-3.14.1
 based on the nss 3.14.5 el5 srpm, but I have a feeling this may not be
 enough.