[CentOS] firefox 18

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Jan 10 13:16:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 02:29:02AM -0800, John Doe wrote:
> From: fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
>
> > Has anyone managed to get FF 18.0 to work on Centos 5.8?
> > I've been hacking at it, placing a stack of .so files (from Centos 6)
> > into a private directory, then using LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point the system to
> > (in a shellscript that subsequently invokes ff 18) but so far I've not
> > managed to find the right combination. I've moved over libstdc++, all
> > or nearly all the .so files from glib2 and glibc packages. now I"m
> > getting:
> >
> > ./firefox: symbol lookup error: ./libstdc++.so.6: undefined symbol:
> > _ZNSt7num_getIcSt19istreambuf_iteratorIcSt11char_traitsIcEEE2idE, version
> > GLIBCXX_3.4
>
> I tried to update to 18, and it did not complain about libstd++...
> I think I only copied:
>   libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.10*
>   libstdc++.so.6.0.10*
> No other lib or script...
> But 18 complained about: "Couldn't load XRE functions."

Yeah, that's what I got, too. Someone on the mozilla site said that
it requires a later glibc, which is what got me going on moving over
glibc and glib package shared objects from a centos-6 box.

> Went back to 17.0.1 in the mean time...

me too.

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding