[CentOS] firefox 18

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Jan 10 14:26:33 UTC 2013

On 01/10/2013 08:16 AM, John Doe wrote:
> From: Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>
>
>> You guys do know that we are fairly up2date with firefox/thunderbird on
>> their ESR program right?
>> The Firefox/Thunderbird we have is totally updated for security and gets
>> upstream support from Mozilla.  It does not have every feature, but it
>> has most and should stay on ESR.
> Yes; I mainly use the ESR version; but sometimes I wanna have fun and play a bit with the new features...
> Weird numbering, especially since the 10.0.x branch seems to stop at 10.0.8 (and apparently related to 18.x)...
> Did they go further (past their 2 release overlap) so that we don't have to switch to 17.0.x?

In "<Version>.0.x", the "x" part is variable based on the number of
security updates within the period.  Every time they release a security
update in the main firefox tree during the period, they issue a new ".x"
release in the ESR tree as well.

The length of "TIME" that the ESR tree exists is set, the "x" versions
are not.