[CentOS] gigantic memory leak in Clock Applet...

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 18:13:35 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Paul Bijnens
<Paul.Bijnens at xplanation.com> wrote:

> I do have the Lightning plugin in Thunderbird, just to be able to read
> nice formatted invites to meetings etc. And that thing marks items in my calendar.

If you have notifications set, does the clock-applet pop them up?

> And I do remember having difficulties to install a working version of
> Lightning due to 32/64 bit problems at that time.
>
> I think had to install a 32 bit version of TB on my 64bit workstation to be able
> to use it then.
> But when TB 10 replaced the TB 2 (or was that TB 3?), I just trow out all of it,
> and installed the standard CentOS TB 10. Even the Lightning plugin works now too.
>
> Maybe that was around the time when I noticed my memory problem with the clock-applet
> disappeared?  I not sure anymore.
>
> I just mention this because I noticed that Fred also was experimenting with
> Firefox 18.  And until a real cause of the problem is found, everything is suspect.

I don't know anything about the mechanisms involved, but the
clock-applet seemed to be aware of other stuff - and probably consumes
memory in the process.   The 6.x version also has a weather-checker in
there.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com