[CentOS] Off-Topic: Low Power Hardware

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Jan 11 14:59:31 UTC 2013

On 01/11/2013 02:55 PM, SilverTip257 wrote:
> I'm in search of some hardware that consumes a low amount of power for use
> as a test-bed for Linux, various coding projects, and LAN services.

I have a couple of HP MicroServers N40L's with 8gb of ram each; although
they only have a dual core, and a real lower power cpu - it tends to be
fast enough for most things. eg. I am using those to test the installers
in 5.9/i386 and x86_64  in various conditions and the install time is
very acceptable.

Plus, they run CentOS5/6 32 and 64bit perfectly.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax