[CentOS] 5.9: wait, or CR?

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Jan 11 20:19:04 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 09:09:28AM -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 01/11/2013 08:49 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > On 01/11/2013 02:43 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> >> Hey, folks,
> >>
> >>     I just saw Johnny mention 5.9 yesterday, and this morning, my manager
> >> tells me he got about 100 emails from somewhere about 5.9 and a CR
> >> repo. So, my questions to the team is: is there a CR repo, and is there
> >> some urgency to enabling it, or shall we just wait for the release?
> > First hit on google for 'centos cr', read that, make sure you understand it.
> >
> > - KB
>
> Or ... I can link it for you :)
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR

when using the yum priorities plugin, where should the CR repo be
placed in the priority scheme?

when it is given no priority, I get no updates. when I set it at 3
(centos base, updates, addons, and extras are all set to 1, centosplus
repos are set to 2 but disabled) I get no updates.

	# yum update
	Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
	 * base: mirror.atlanticmetro.net
	 * extras: mirror.atlanticmetro.net
	 * updates: mirror.cogentco.com
	cr                                                                                          | 1.9 kB     00:00
	Excluding Packages in global exclude list
	Finished
	424 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
	Setting up Update Process
	No Packages marked for Update

yet there appear to be a ton of things available in the CR repo.

Should the CR repo be set to a higher priority (lower number) than
the base repos? If not, what am I overlooking here?