[CentOS] Off-Topic: Low Power Hardware

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 02:01:01 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM, fred smith
<fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>wrote:

> > it does not address all requirements but anyway :-)
> > this low power hw came into my mind http://pcengines.ch/alix2d13.htm

Alixes have AMD Geode CPUs so they're x86

> I don't know anything about this company or its products, but I just
> stumbled across this, FYI:
>
> http://www.lemote.com/en/products/mini-computer/2010/0310/111.html

The Lemote you linked to has a MIPs processor.
Not terrible I suppose, but unless I want to run Debian or Gentoo I don't
think that's going to work.  If I stick to x86 I have more options to work
with.

> --
> ---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us-----------------------------
>                       The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
>                     keeping watch on the wicked and the good.

Thanks,
--
Mike