[CentOS] cr repo and firewalling

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Jan 15 21:53:50 UTC 2013

On 1/15/2013 1:18 PM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:
> pick a mirror that's close to you and trustworthy (ie stays up to date),
> and use that as your baseurl.

or build your own inhouse mirror, and aim the BaseURL at it instead.   I
use a script like this...

    $ cat lftp.sh
    #!/bin/sh
    /usr/bin/lftp -c 'open ftp://mirrors.kernel.org && lcd
    /export/mirror && mirror --continue --verbose=1 -x ia64 -x s390 -x
    s390x -x alpha -x SRPMS centos'

(I'm pulling down all supported versions but not for itanic or alpha or
s390 or source RPMs)

/export/mirror in turn is used as an apache vhost (as well as a nfs
export), so my baseurl is
http://mirror.myinternal.domain.com/centos/$releasever/cr/$basearch/

I cron that job once a week to update my mirror.  I also use this mirror
directly for nfs netinstalls.