[CentOS] [OT] how to specify dimensions a a Java Popup

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Jan 22 16:22:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013, John Doe wrote:

> From: Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>
>
>> How, if at all, does one specify the size of a Java Popup?
>> setSize on the contents Component does not get the job done
>> regardless of when applied.

> Google says:
> http://www.java2s.com/Tutorial/Java/0240__Swing/CreatingPopUpComponents.htm

Thanks.  Google hadn't said it to me.
What I did get was buried in a bunch of stuff for javascript.

That said, the example did not explicitly control the size fo the popup.
I did notice that the example used a JButton instead of a JPanel.
Using a JButton, setSize worked as advertised.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily