[CentOS] the at command

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jan 22 20:40:45 UTC 2013

On 01/22/2013 01:39 PM, Rob Townley wrote:
> Have the nodes subscribe to a Multicast server.
>
> Using Pipes, Signals, and some other basic operating system course
> terminology the name of which escapes me at the moment.
>
> setpriority() or nice up (-15) the priority of your software.

Good thinking.

There should only be one hop, and make that a layer 2 hop, between the
multicast server and the systems.  A 10ms delay through an IP router
could impact the whole sync process.  Again there IS 802.1 bridging
designed for this; I could look it up if needed as I once did 802.1
standards, but now  do 802.15 stuff...

In IPv6 you could use anycasts instead, and this is an example of what
anycasts were designed for.