[CentOS] cronjob not running

Cliff Pratt enkiduonthenet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 07:41:43 UTC 2013

Kunle,

cron does not have the same environment as the user logged in as root.
Specifically, it doesn't have the same 'PATH'. So the safest thing to
do, when you refer to an executable such as 'curl' is provide the full
path to the executable. If you run 'which curl' at the command prompt
it will show the location of 'curl'. Probably it will be
'/usr/bin/curl'. I would suggest that you modify the crontab to have
the full path.

Cheers,

Cliff