[CentOS] crontab and gedit

Adekoya Adekunle adekunleadekoya at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:13:31 UTC 2013

i noticed something now.  i setup a cron job with  crontab -e  on a local
machine and things work fine.  i logged into a remote machine with SSH and
also setup the same job with crontab -e and things dont work

what could be the cause ?  could the reason be related to the difference
between crontab -e and /etc/crontab ?

i would love to read on this