[CentOS] cronjob not running

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Jan 23 19:37:22 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-23, SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Keith Keller <
> kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:
>
>> On 2013-01-22, SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I composed with HTML and bolded */10
>>
>> Some people consider it rude to use HTML on a mailing list.  And, as
>> we've just seen, it can actually be converted to something incorrect.
>
> I realize you are likely in no way being confrontational here.
>
> No surprise, another item for sticklers to complain about.

I don't think being sure that what you write is syntactically correct,
and won't break on the OP's system, is being a "stickler".  If using
HTML formatting actually produces something incorrect when a conversion
to plain text is done, that's not a nitpick, it's just wrong, and it
could screw up another OP's system much worse.

> I'll be most certain to make every attempt not to make use of HTML features
> in the future.  I figured I should explain why my message unintentionally
> showed up with asterisks earlier, but that was a can-o-worms. :(

Perhaps, but if you saw that your message actually gave incorrect advice
to the OP, you should have corrected it as soon as you saw it.  It might
not be in time to help the OP, but it would be in time to help other
people browsing or searching the mailing list archives.

> Now if Google/Gmail could let things be -- and not change my settings back
> to HTML from the last time I set it to plain text ... plain text is no
> longer an option via the webui, swell.

Plain text is the default for me on most messages, but gmail
configuration is certainly offtopic for the CentOS list.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us