[CentOS] Centos 6.3 - which repos to use?

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Sat Jan 26 07:44:12 UTC 2013

On 26/1/2013 7:42 πμ, Les Mikesell wrote:

> If you find a 100% reliable solution, please post it.

I suggest very carefully selecting particular packages (and groups
thereof) from whatever repos (or from individual experienced users'
efforts), testing them thoroughly on test systems (usually a set of VMs)
and/or building your own packages based on selected/modified SRPMs
(according to your own requirements), then defining your own enterprise
repo(s) for internal use.

Why not use other distro(s) with more recent packages? Because I have
tried them and I only find RHEL / CentOS a truly Enterprise System. At
least it suits me. :-)

There is no such thing as a 100% reliable system if you don't do things
right. You can easily screw (in terms of security and reliability) your
Vanilla RHEL/CentOS with one wrong setting, even using your safe repos.

Nick