[CentOS] Anything Like Solaris' Live Upgrade?

xrx xrx-centos at xrx.me
Mon Jan 28 18:20:14 UTC 2013

On 01/28/13 22:14, Tim Evans wrote:
> On 01/28/2013 01:05 PM, xrx wrote:
>> On 01/28/13 21:27, James A. Peltier wrote:

Are you talking about CentOS? There is no need to change the fstab or
grub; the upgrade gets applied on the main volume (where the OS can be
upgraded on the fly without a reboot if it works out; or optionally with
a reboot if you want to be extra sure). The snapshot is only there if
the update goes bad; in which case you'd run the merge command to revert
back to the original state.

-xrx