[CentOS] pid location from clamav on Centos 6.3

Wed Jan 30 03:58:36 UTC 2013

I was getting nowhere with my clamav permissions problem, so I blew away
my test system and did a total rebuild.  I am now up to the part right
after the install of amavis-new, clamav, clamav-devel, and clamd all
from the epel.repo (spamassassin, also installed at the same time comes
from the base repo).

Prior to this, I rebuild the system from my kickstart file, and did the
postfix, postfixadmin, mysql, dovecot, and roundcube setups all from
instructions and scripts that I have put together over the past number
of weeks, and this part went right through with no apparent problems.

So now I am carefully checking out clamav before I make any config
changes and right away I notice discrepencies with where clamd.pid is
located.

In /etc/clamd.conf it is placed in /var/run/clamav/clamd.pid

In /etc/clamd.d/amavisd.conf it is placed in /var/run/amavisd/clamd.pid

/etc/amavisd/amaviisd.conf does not reference the clamd.pid, only the
.sock and warns you to point it to the same place as in /etc/clamd.conf.

But what gives with the pid file locations?  I might think that in a
base install the pid file would be pointed to the same place?

Obviously, I have figured out I really need to make these two enteries
the same, but still.  :(