[CentOS] Wysiwyg html editor for note taking

Wed Jan 2 23:59:56 UTC 2013

On 01/02/2013 06:26 PM, SilverTip257 wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I am looking for a wsyiwyg html editor for note taking as I build up a
>>> system to note what I am doing.  I typically just use gedit, but this
>>> system's notes are getting complex, and using code tabs, lists, and the
>>> like would make it more enduring.
> Gedit supports tabs.
> I'm not sure what you mean by "code tabs"

tags.  Typo.  <code> ... </code>

> Bluefish or Geany might be helpful, even if they aren't WYSIWYG editors.

Looked a bit at Bluefish, not Geany.

> Take a peek at Kompozer or Amaya.

Kompozer, I would have to build.  I have enough on my plate right now,
and HOPED to get something to 'just' install via yum.  Did not look at
Amaya.

> But like Mark points out, WYSIWYG html editors aren't all that great (and
> yes, Adobe Dreamweaver isn't perfect either).

I am trying Seamonkey -edit per Harald, and it ALMOST looks ok.  But the
Wiki idea is something I have wanted to tackle anyway.

>>> I am looking at lonote on my F17 notebook, but I would like to do the
>>> note taking directly on the Centos system.
>>>
>>> Just basic html.  Image inclusions if I do screen captures would be nice
>>> too.
>
>> 2nd recommendation is that if you want online html documentation, use
>> a wiki with its own editor and simple markup instead of transferring
>> files around.  I like twiki, but mediawiki is probably more popular
>> and there are many other choices.   That way you only need a browser
>> and it won't matter what OS you have locally.
>>
> +1 for using a wiki for your documentation

Will look into this more.