[CentOS] Spamassassin for Centos 6.3

Fri Jan 4 18:05:49 UTC 2013
Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro>

On 04.01.2013 17:12, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I have been looking at the same issue WRT Postfix.  There the
> differences are probably greater between what is available in source
> and
> what is in 6.3.  But I need to resist going with source building, as
> then I have to spend more time than I have staying up with fixes.  I
> want an RPM repo to fit into the YUM process.

Very good. Newest != best. :)
It's likely that if you have a problem or you're getting too much spam
is not primarily because the package is slightly old. In my case the
secret was to "train" it, feed it new spam regularly.
Currently my stock SpamAssassin protected Inbox gets less spam than my
gmail account and they're both getting similar levels of traffic.

> BTW, I have started this effort following:
>

> http://www.campworld.net/thewiki/pmwiki.php/LinuxServersCentOS/Cent6VirtMailServer

I would have loved that some years ago. Nowadays I just use system
users and webmin to manage them (or just some scripts).

Nux!
www.nux.ro