[CentOS] gigantic memory leak in Clock Applet...

Tue Jan 8 05:09:00 UTC 2013
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

On 01/06/2013 06:32 PM, fred smith wrote:
> yes, it's on. there's a log in /var/log/prelink from just yesterday morning.
>
> wouldn't ya think that if prelink has modified it, that the rpm -V would
> have flagged a modified checksum? Or is prelink smart enuff to tweak
> the RPM database? I have no clue.

rpm is smart enough to undo the prelinking (to a temporary file) before
verifying the checksum. IIRC, it also then re-prelinks the temp file and
verifies that the result matches the current file on disk.

                 Do NOT delete it.