[CentOS] video capture

Wed Jan 9 05:46:16 UTC 2013
Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan  wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Mark LaPierre  wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I'm looking for a application that I can use to capture video from a USB
>> web camera.
>>
>> I have Cheese Webcam Booth 2.28.1 installed but it leaves a lot to be
>> desired in the video capture field.  Things like actually working.  It
>> does an adequate job of snagging a batch of single images in burst mode.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

> Not sure if zonemider will help you.
> http://www.zoneminder.com/

MythTV or a combination of zoneminder and mythtv (as suggested in ref. below)

Ref: <http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2011-January/308646.html>
Ref. <http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/420901>

Keep us posted on how your project works out.   I suggest mythbuntu
12.04.1 if you decide to go with MythTV.

-- Arun Khan