[CentOS] E17 on CentOS6?

Wed Jan 9 10:55:11 UTC 2013
Philip Manuel <phil at zomojo.com>

I run E17.  It is beta so just be aware you will have issues.  I find it to be fast and at the moment relatively stable.  There is no tab support in terminology, but I used screen to get round that issue.

Regards
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Freer" <jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 9 January, 2013 9:46:10 PM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] E17 on CentOS6?

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, wwp wrote:

> Hello there,
>

> does anyone have experience setting up Enlightenment E17 on a CentOS6
> system?
>
> I know that the RPM's are available from:
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Enlightenment:/Factory/CentOS_CentOS-6/x86_64/
>
> but don't have a single clue about how to switch from my GNOME desktop
> to it once installed.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> wwp

It would help if you said why you want to consider E17 - i had a bitter
experience with it. I use xfce for a lighter desktop which i much prefer now to
gnome. You will be compiling and doing the testing with E17 - xfce is well
tried and proven straight from the install disk (you're bound to have some
conflicts and problems somewhere installing E17). Could try several desktop and
see which you prefer - selection is always on the login window under 'session'.

james