[CentOS] Anybody running cadence on CentOS 6 ?

Wed Jan 9 20:10:27 UTC 2013
Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com>

On 1/9/2013 12:54, Connie Sieh wrote:

> Can you add "real" graphics hardware such as a Nvidia card.

Seconded.  Why in the world are you trying to run high-end CAD software
with chipset graphics?  A $200 nVidia board is a round-off error
compared to the price paid for the software license and support.

If you were only doing 2D stuff, I'd say it might be fine, but your
complaint about glxgears tells me you want real-time 3D.  So, get a real
3D board.

Assuming by "Cadence" you mean one of the Allegro PCB design products,
Cadence has a document that makes this requirement explicit:

	http://goo.gl/V2E9S

Quoting from page 15: "A dedicated graphics card with hardware OpenGL
support and a minimum of 128MB dedicated (not shared) video RAM and a
128-bit bus interface. (256MB or more is recommended.) We also recommend
that the card be workstation certified. (We do not recommend
motherboard-based graphics solutions.)"

Congratulations.  Now you don't have to upgrade the OS. :)