[CentOS] firefox 18

Thu Jan 10 13:37:57 UTC 2013
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 01/10/2013 07:16 AM, fred smith wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 02:29:02AM -0800, John Doe wrote:
>> From: fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
>>
>>> Has anyone managed to get FF 18.0 to work on Centos 5.8?
>>> I've been hacking at it, placing a stack of .so files (from Centos 6)
>>> into a private directory, then using LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point the system to
>>> (in a shellscript that subsequently invokes ff 18) but so far I've not
>>> managed to find the right combination. I've moved over libstdc++, all
>>> or nearly all the .so files from glib2 and glibc packages. now I"m
>>> getting:
>>>
>>> ./firefox: symbol lookup error: ./libstdc++.so.6: undefined symbol:
>>> _ZNSt7num_getIcSt19istreambuf_iteratorIcSt11char_traitsIcEEE2idE, version
>>> GLIBCXX_3.4
>> I tried to update to 18, and it did not complain about libstd++...
>> I think I only copied:
>>   libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.10*
>>   libstdc++.so.6.0.10*
>> No other lib or script...
>> But 18 complained about: "Couldn't load XRE functions."
> Yeah, that's what I got, too. Someone on the mozilla site said that
> it requires a later glibc, which is what got me going on moving over
> glibc and glib package shared objects from a centos-6 box.
>
>> Went back to 17.0.1 in the mean time...
> me too.

You guys do know that we are fairly up2date with firefox/thunderbird on
their ESR program right?

The Firefox/Thunderbird we have is totally updated for security and gets
upstream support from Mozilla.  It does not have every feature, but it
has most and should stay on ESR.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/