[CentOS] Anybody running cadence on CentOS 6 ?

Thu Jan 10 17:15:54 UTC 2013
Roberto Nunnari <roberto.nunnari at supsi.ch>

Theo Band wrote:

>> YES! Thank you very much to all!
>> Following your advice, I just plugged in a dedicated video card, added
>> proprietary drivers, and now it works fine on CentOS 5!
>> This list is wonderful!!:-)
> We use Mentor (also an very expensive software toolset) and I have had a
> lot of issues getting the drivers work correctly (Ati, Nvidia). The
> price for the graphic adapter was not an issue at all. Finding one that
> works correctly with the software is another story. The newest Ati
> driver worked only once! After every session the workstation had to be
> rebooted to get it to work again.
>
> I went over to Cento6 just a couple of weeks ago. Most workstations now
> work with the standard Nouveau driver. No problem seen yet. The only
> annoying problem is that sometimes an application windows stays "empty".
> Simply resizing the window fixes it. for me it's hard to say what
> causes. The software needs backing-store on the X server being enabled.
> I underdstand this is old technology and I suspect this is now causing
> problems. But the bottomline for us is that CentOS6 seems to be easier
> with the built-in drivers compared to CentOS5.

I see.. good to know that things work even better on the newer version
of CentOS!

I gave the pc (CentOS 5 and with a temporary old ATI card) to the final
user and now I'm waiting for his feedback..

Thank you.
Robi