[CentOS] evaluating backup systems: rsync

Fri Jan 11 17:36:18 UTC 2013
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM, ken <gebser at mousecar.com> wrote:
> Considering using rsync on a couple systems for backup, I was wondering
> if it's possible, and if so how difficult is it, to delete files which
> have been backed up (in order to save space on the backup media).
>
> Anyone with experience doing this?

Can you be more specific about the problem you are trying to solve?
Backuppc normally expires/deletes backups at a specified rate by
itself and it only stores one copy of any identical file regardless of
how many times it is backed up.   You aren't going to save any space
by deleting old copies of something that is still on any target you
are backing up.

--
    Les Mikesell
       lesmikesell at gmail.com