[CentOS] selinux + kvm virtualization + smartd problem

Sat Jan 12 22:55:37 UTC 2013
Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com>

On 01/12/2013 04:35 AM, Ilyas -- wrote:
> [root at srv-1.home  ~]# cat /var/log/audit/audit.log | grep smartd |
> audit2allow -M smartd_svirt_image
> [root at srv-1.home  ~]# semodule -i smartd_svirt_image.pp
> but it not helped to solve problem.
>
> How I can create permissive rule for selinux in my case?

If you need to create your own rules, the first thing you need to do is
capture the audit log, and set the system into permissive mode:

   tail -f /var/log/audit/audit.log
In a new terminal:
   setenforce permissive

Now, run the process that's generating AVCs.  Run through its standard
operations.  When that's done, use all of the relevant AVCs that you
captured through audit2why to make sure that there's not an existing
boolean that can be flipped.  Assuming there isn't, run them through
audit2allow -M.