[CentOS] Sluggish server with big array

Tue Jan 15 15:59:08 UTC 2013
Guy Boisvert <boisvert.guy at videotron.ca>

Le 2013-01-15 10:35, Paul Heinlein a écrit :
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2013, Guy Boisvert wrote:
>
>>     I have a couple of samba shares from the 11 TB array (all of them
>> are on the 11TB array).  The strange behavior is that if i "ls -al
>> /home/data", i have to wait 7-8 seconds to see the output. If i do a
>> simple ls, output is instantaneous.  I see about the same delay when
>> i access the samba shares from the server (related ?).  I don't know
>> where to start with this!
>
> This sounds like it might be an issue with cacheing user info.
>
> Do you have a remote authentication server, e.g., LDAP? Are you
> running nscd or sssd? Does re-starting the cacheing daemon help?

Hi Paul,

     Samba is hooked to Active Directory using Winbind.  sssd is off and
nscd doesn't seems to be there.  As for AD (Active Directory), a simple
getent passwd shows all local accounts and very quickly the AD
accounts.  I read in the Ubuntu mailing lists that there seemed to be
some bugs with EXT4 and large arrays (very slow mounts). There was a
message saying that finally the slow mount problems was fixed with
kernel 3.6!

Thanks.