[CentOS] Sendmail logs?

Tue Jan 15 21:10:28 UTC 2013
Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley at pcraft.com>

Yes it logs via syslog, however if it isn't told to log data to sm-mta and
sm-msp, no amount of syslog directive is going to do that.  It's something
with the CentOS sendmail package that's disabling that.

When I do a stock Fedora install, I get three separate log files:
/var/log/maillog
/var/log/sm-mta
/var/log/sm-msp

The same thing happens if I download the tarball from sendmail.org and
install that.  Three separate log files.

However, with CentOS, for some reason, it never logs anything to those sm-*
files nor are they ever created.

I guess I'll have to break the yum dependency, remove the package and
install sendmail manually to get those log files.  Seems rather dumb.