[CentOS] Sendmail logs?

Fri Jan 18 14:19:45 UTC 2013
Mike Burger <mburger at bubbanfriends.org>

> Am 15.01.2013 22:12, schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
>>
>> On 01/15/2013 01:00 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>>> Sure, for those who want to run Postfix that's great.  In my case, we
>>> run
>>> Sendmail.  Simple package selection during installation.
>>
>> You said 'stock install'.  Selecting a non-default package is no longer
>> 'stock'.  In My Highly Biased Opinion.
>
> Do you mean to say that CentOS does not support using Sendmail as
> an MTA anymore? That would be highly unfortunate.
>
> Choice is good.

What he's saying is that the upstream now installs Postfix as the default
MTA install, rather than Sendmail. As a result, it's likely that CentOS
does the same.

One can install an alternate MTA if they like, but the "stock install" of
CentOS drops Postfix on the system as the MTA. Sendmail is no longer the
default MTA installed by upstream or CentOS.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1