[CentOS] the at command

Mon Jan 21 21:15:19 UTC 2013
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at aol.com>

On 01/21/2013 03:21 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I was trying to use the 'at' command.
>
> Does it not have "resolution" to the second?
>
> When I run it with 'at -f /tmp/tt.sh "01/21/2013 15:20:45"
> syntax error. Last token seen: 15:20
> Garbled time
>
> How do I run a command in the future including "seconds".
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

from man at:

"At allows fairly complex time  specifications,  extending  the  POSIX.2
standard.   It  accepts  times of the form HH:MM to run a job at a spe-
cific time of day.  (If that time is already  past,  the  next  day  is
assumed.)   You  may  also specify midnight, noon, or teatime (4pm) and
you can have a time-of-day suffixed with AM or PM for  running  in  the
morning or the evening.  You can also say what day the job will be run,
by giving a date in the form month-name day with an optional  year,  or
giving a date of the form MMDDYY or MM/DD/YY or DD.MM.YY or YYYY-MM-DD.
The specification of a date must follow the specification of  the  time
of day.  You can also give times like now + count time-units, where the
time-units can be minutes, hours, days, or weeks and you can tell at to
run  the  job today by suffixing the time with today and to run the job
tomorrow by suffixing the time with tomorrow."

There is no HH:MM:SS

--
     _
    °v°