[CentOS] firefox 18

Thu Jan 24 18:28:03 UTC 2013
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

fred smith wrote:

> James:
>
> I gave it a quick try last night, and got hung up on the python version.
> The build wants <= 2.7, and EL5 has something much older than that.
>
> I'd be afraid to just drop a new one in since thatwould probably break
> lots of things. Unless I could put it in a private place and just point
> the mozilla build to that location. Is that what you did?

You can install a separate python 2.6 stack - e.g:
<http://pkgs.org/centos-5-rhel-5/epel-i386/python26-2.6.8-2.el5.i386.rpm.html>

This won't interfere with the default CentOS 5 python 2.4 install

I think the firefox build process looks for a 'python2.6' binary - if
not, then just add a line to your mozconfig like:

PYTHON=python2.6

I didn't do this, as I already had access to a locally rebuilt 2.6
install - but I guess the above should work, although I have no idea how
much of the 2.6 stack will be required ...

James Pearson