[CentOS] Centos 6.3 - which repos to use?

Fri Jan 25 20:54:09 UTC 2013
James Freer <jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com>

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> James Freer wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:34 PM, John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> From: James Freer <jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com>

>>> I use priorities and did not run into much problems so far...
>>> base = 1
>>> rpmforge = 2 (just watch out for rfx packages)
>>> elrepo = 3
>>> epel = 4
>>>
>>> JD
>>
>> Thanks for that suggestion. I'll look into it all again in a couple of
>> days. I'm just surprised that Centos risk the stability issue using
>> other repos.
>
> I wouldn't agree with the priorities above. As I mentioned earlier in this
> thread, our standard repos, in addition to the base, are rpmfusion and
> epel. Other than *sigh* 386 vs x86_64 issues, we've never had dependency
> conflicts. It all just works. elrepo I use *only* for kmod-nvidia and its
> dependencies; I don't use rpmforge - I've tried, a few times, and
> frequently run into dependency conflicts.
>
>        mark

I was only thinking of rpmforge as it seems the only repo with Abiword
in it. For WP one has only got LO-writer or Abiword... i prefer the
lighter unless i need the features of LO-writer as i did when i was
teaching and preparing handouts.

At present i don't know that centos is the right distro for me tbh.

james